Illuminate is the only Bible study curriculum written by Friends and for Friends.
Beginning fall 2018, content from Illuminate participant and study guides has been combined into one booklet.
• includes seven additional Scripture passages for readers interested in exploring how a week’s themes are addressed in the larger scope of the Bible—one passage for each day of the week;
• identifies two key verses and offers a brief explication, providing the context teachers have told us helps them think about what to focus on each week;
• lists study goals or conversational aims for a group study, offering small groups flexible guidance about where a conversation about the Scripture might go or what ideas should remain at the center of the group’s time together;
• includes background information that might help an individual notice meaning in the text;
• has a Quaker quotation relevant to the Scripture passage, offering increased understanding of how Quakers over time have interacted with, understood, and lived out these teachings;
• incorporates two sections of Scripture and commentary that are written to allow for individual study, small group discussion, or teacher preparation;
• has questions suited for classroom discussion, small-group conversation prompts, and individual journaling;
• includes a short, narrative reflection or Friendly Perspective, giving Illuminate lessons a conversational tone while also helping us each week to hear from our Quaker neighbors.